I have probably visited Scottsdale, Arizona a dozen times. It is so nice to have family you can visit any time in such a gorgeous place and not too far away. With only a 3 hour flight from the west coast of Canada it makes for a perfect trip to a destination that offers so much to see and do. It always amazes me that I can find something new to do overtime I visit. Today I thought I would share my top 10 things to do in Scottsdale.
1. HIKING: There are too many trails to hit up from easy to very difficult. I usually opt for the easy as I usually hike with family. One of my favourite hikes in Pinnacle Peak, it has a moderate incline to ge the heart rate going and the views along the way are incredible. You don't have to wait till you get to the top to take in the views.
2. SHOPPING AT SCOTTSDALE QUARTER: Since the weather is so great year round outdoor shopping malls are the best way to shop. Scottsdale Quarter is a great mix of boutiques and high end stores and restaurants. I could literally spend the whole day there.
3. PHOENIX ZOO: This is one of the best zoo's I've been to. So many great exhibits, it feels like the animals here are so active and not just sitting around. One of my favourite things here is the monkey exhibit, getting up close and personal with monkeys is always so fun.
4. OLD TOWN SCOTTSDALE: This is a must if you ever get to Scottsdale, such great shops and restaurants and history. I love all the jewelry shops here, so many great things to buy
5. CRACKER JAX FAMILY FUN CENTER: Here is one for the families, since I have younger nieces and nephews it is a place we hit up every time, the kids love it and there is a fun go cart track we love to race around
6. PAPAGO PARK: This time was the first time we visited here and it was so unique, the hole in the rock hike is located here along with tons of other trails as well as the botanical gardens. There is literally something here for everyone. The trails are mostly flat so its a great place to take small kids. Its also right next door to the Phoenix Zoo so you can make 2 stops in one.
7. OUTLETS: You cannot leave here without hitting at least one outlet mall, we usually hit up 2 or 3. I love shopping at the outlets, such great prices and you can get designer things too.
8. FOOD AND DRINK: Overtime I come to Scottsdale I always feel like I am eating my way though my vacation. There are so many great restaurants its actually really hard to decide on where to go because there are so many to choose from. This time was the first time I tried chick filla and shake shack and they were all everyone said they were. Here are a few of my other favourite restaurants, True Food Kitchen, Herb Box, Zin Burger, Kona, Sauce, The Luxe Cafe.
9. RESORT STAY: Scottsdale is know for some of the best resorts out there, with desert views and endless pools you can't really go wrong. We always stay with family when we are down here but we take a few days and spend it at one of our favourite resorts. Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. Its nice to be pampered, lay by the pool and order a cocktail and hit up the spa.
10. PHOENIX SUNS GAME: Since there are no Basketball teams out our way one of our favourite thing to do is take in a NBA game. We almost always go and it is a treat for the whole family. Both my kids play basketball so this is one sport they are always looking forward to seeing.
Even though I have just shared my top then things to do in Scottsdale I know there is so much more, if you have any other ones to add to the list, please comment below I would love to hear them. If you want any suggestions on places to eat, shop, or stay send me a message and I would be happy to give you the info.