It is hard to believe that New Year's Eve is already here, time to say goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016. It is a time of celebrate with family and friends. It is the time of year where people come together and celebrate what they ancipate to be a great year ahead.
There are many different traditions that are believed to bring good fortune for the upcoming year. Here are some of the most popular New Year's Eve traditions believed to bring good luck in 2016.
1. Eat 12 grapes at 12 midnight one for each month of the year with a special wish for good luck.
2. All of your windows and doors should be left open. This will let the old year's experiences, negative things out and you will have a fresh start going into the New Year.
3. Having money in your pocket when you ring in the new year symbolizes starting the year by keeping the money flowing.
4. Walk out of your house with luggage open. This will bring luck so that you travel throughout the new year.
5. Wear red underwear for love, green under wear for money, yellow for prosperity or if you want wear them all.
6. Kiss at midnight. This is a symbol that your affection and closeness will last all year, bringing luck to the relationship.
7. Sleep with a horseshoe under your pillow on New Year's Eve for good luck all year long.
8. The first person to enter your home after the stroke of midnight will influence the year you're about to have. Ideally, he should be dark-haired, tall, and good-looking
9. In Denmark celebrates the new year with a tradition of throwing dishes on friends’ doorsteps, which shows how much you value them as friends.
What are some of your traditions on New Years Eve?