Valentine’s Day is just a one week away and you might have a date coming up with a very special somebody. You’ve planned your outfit, chosen the location and are excited for some one on one time!!! But there’s always the one beauty issue we blow past until it’s too late … how to keep your lips KISSABLE throughout the night.
Your makeup is always the last thing that you want to worry about when you’re on a date. Your eyeliner, mascara and facial makeup usually holds its place, but your lips are a different story. As soon as you take that first sip of your drink your lipstick is affected. Here is a step by step guide to kissable lips that will last all night long!!!
1. Water| Hydrate! Nobody likes dry chapped lips. Drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day will improve the finish of your lips … and not only your lips, your entire face and body too
2. SPF | Even more important than moisturizer … SPF!!!! I know it sounds crazy we all know that sun can be so damaging on our skin but so often we forget about our lips!!! Choose a balm that has SPF in it and protect that pout.
3. Moisturize & Repair | I am a huge believer in lip balm and lip moisturizer. If you want your lips to be plump and juicy and moist in time for your date, I recommend using it every night.
4. Exfoliate | I recommend using a lip scrub to exfoliate your lips, to get rid of any dead skin once a week. This will help smooth out the surface of your lips allowing your lip balm and lipstick to go on smoothly.
5. Lip Liner |Lip liner is used to define the lips and create a crisp clean edge. Line the lips with a pencil that is the same color, or a slight shade darker than the lipstick. Once you’ve lined, then fill in the entire lip with the pencil. This will create a nice base for your lipstick and stop the color from “bleeding”.
6. Lipstick | After your lips are prepped, lined, go ahead and apply your lipstick color. Liquid lipstick is amazing for a long-wearing matte finish. It’s smudge proof and doesn’t bleed. Liquid Lipstick is highly pigmented and opaque and great for those who aren’t so gentle with their makeup throughout the day.
9. Teeth | I know that this is all about lips but your teeth are a part of your mouth so run in the same family. This might be a myth but I find the whiter and cleaner your teeth, the better your lips look!! With your mouth clean and fresh … who wouldn’t want to kiss you!!!