Helloooo, summer! it’s officially the summer season, and I’d say it’s off to a fantastic start. I am ready to hit the pool, the beach, sit on restaurant patios, travel, sip fun drinks and just be outside! Which is why I wanted to put together a quick summer bucket list post! So bring on the floaties and sunshine – it’s summertime! I hope this inspires you to make some fun plans this summer season!
1. Be active outside as much as possible – This is kind of broad statement, but I’m really challenging myself to be diligent about walking every day and spending more time outside being healthy. Outdoor concerts and having cocktails on patios is still amazing, but I’m trying to shift my focus a bit to being ACTIVE when I’m outside so hopefully I’ll be doing lots of walking, hiking and maybe even some biking?!
2. Relax in nature – In addition to wanting to be active outside, I also want to spend more of my downtime outside too. For example, reading out on my deck vs watching TV inside on the couch. Doesn’t that sound amazing?!
3. Cook something new with fresh ingredients – I’ve really stepped up my cooking game this year by making more meals at home and meal planning on Sundays so of course I want to continue this with fresh finds at the local farmers’ market!
4. Explore locally – Sometimes I forget to be a tourist in my own town! Kelowna is such a beautiful city and even though I’ve explored a lot of it, there’s so much more to do and see.
5. Travel – I know of some these sound contradictory. Like I want to explore Kelowna more but I also want to get out and travel. I think you can have a little of both! I’m heading to Banff soon, so I’m kicking off my travel for the summer in a a fun way still staying in Canada.
6. Make a summer playlist –Wheneever I am hanging by the pool of the beach I love listening to music and making a playlist to get me through the summer is a must. Any suggestions for what should be on this year’s summer version?!
7. Plan a outdoor party, I have lived in the Okanagan for 2 years now and I have yet to throw a party, it is something I want to do this summer.
This is what I have for now! I really feel like this summer is going to be one of the best ones yet and I can’t wait to check all of these things off one by one!